Foundation Year Final Project: Post-Production Week 3.


 This week, I made some general improvements and fixes.
 
The first thing that I changed was finalising the wall design of level 2.  



The 2nd fix I made was allowing the player to access the buttons on Level 2, which wasn't possible before. 


These 2 changes allowed me to put out a new build featuring a 2nd level shortly after. 

One of the goals I had this week was replacing the coin collection sound, which had proven to be disliked when I asked people whether or not I should replace it. 


One bug fix I implemented this week was changing the bullet functionality to destroy itself if it collides with any colliders. This change means bullets no longer hang in the game. I've also made the change to the projectiles that the firebowl objects put out. 


The 2nd level initially didn't have a way to block off the player from the deadly water that I added. That was until I moved the players position and added more wall tiles to ensure that the player can't access it, like in Level 1. 


I've tried adding screen shake but it broke the shooting mechanic that I've got, so it's disabled for now.


One of the feedback requests I got was to have a "lock-on" camera that moves with the player's mouse. I was able to do this by modifying the cinemachines follow object to the object responsible for shooting direction, which is controlled by the mouse.

As you can see here, I've also changed the enemy hit sound to be the same as the players. 



And I got a new collection sound from kenney.nl.


The last change I made this week was to fill in the new section with flooring. 


I then uploaded a new build yesterday.

For the next week, I will continue to fix any remaining bugs. 




















Comments

Popular Posts