Foundation Year Final Project: Post-Production Week 2.

 For this week, I decided to start work on Level 2. 


The first thing I did this week was modify the code so that if the player is hit, the player briefly turns red before reverting to the player's original colour. I've also modified the code so that if the player was hit recently and an enemy tries to hit the player, they would be pushed back. 






I was not planning on adding a 2nd level to polyDungeons, but after some feedback from my teacher. 

For the 2nd level, I first started work on an NPC. I used a program called Libresprite to create a sprite image of Wilbo, a character I made in 2021. 


After adding an outline to the image, I then put Wilbo in the game. 



I created a speech box in Libresprite and I put it on Wilbo's GameObject.


I then programmed Wilbo so that his speech bubble activates and deactivates if the player is colliding with him.


I coded Wilbo so that his dialogue can be cycled through using a specified key.




Following this, I also added code that disables the player's weapon whenever they enter Wilbo's zone.
 

You may notice another character. I've added another character in the game, Jeff, and I've made him an NPC that follows a path. 


After that, I also started work on a saving system, creating an image in Libresprite and a GameObject in Unity. Work on the feature is still ongoing. 


 

I outlined the game's 2nd level in Adobe Freso, and I also created a roadmap for what needs to be done. 



I created a new enemy in Libresprite, and I then added it into Unity.


The enemy works by shooting bullets below which can cause the player some damage if they get hit.



For the last change this week, I modified the end object so that if there's another level, the player will be sent there instead of the game over screen.



For next week, I will finish up my 2nd level and put it up for feedback on Tuesday.



Comments

Popular Posts