Foundation Year Final Project: Production Week 6.

The changes from Monday to today are mostly small changes but they represent improvements to the game ahead of the deadline for finishing the first level (27/03/2023). 


Changes to enemy spawner. 

I've added code to my game's enemy spawner object that implements a timer into the spawner, and once the timer variable is greater or equal to another variable (currently 10 for all spawners), then an enemy is spawn and the timer is reset. This code works as long as the enemy spawner is not shot down. 



This did present a problem, as enemies from later parts of the game would push up against each other and eventually outside the 2D Tilemap collider that I've added to the walls. I fixed this by changing the enemy movement code to move enemies using their Rigidbody2D components, rather than by their Transform components. 

Map changes.



I've expanded my game's map by adding new alleyways. The work on expanding it is still ongoing as evident by the flooring that hasn't been expanded to the new areas yet.

New Door Image. 



A minor change I've added is the addition of a new door sprite, as seen above. I made it in GIMP and I then imported it as a PNG. I've also modified the game object to remove any unnecessary children game objects. 


New Coin. 



The final change for now relates to the coin system that I've got in my game. I created another coin in GIMP, using a Diamond blue colour. I then created a new prefab-variant in Unity and replaced the default coin image with the new blue image. 

This new coin now grants the player 10 points rather than 1 point for silver coins and 2 points for gold coins. 










Comments

Popular Posts