2023, a year in review.

 Hello. Here is my year in review for 2023. 

1. Juice Jam: I made a game called ‘[bankrup$y]’ that wasn’t actually juicy.

2. Buddy Up Jam: I helped out make an arcade style game in GameMaker, assisting with the games design and influencing the game’s menu. It remains one of my most downloaded games and I made a few dev buddy’s from that jam. 

3. polyDungeons: My end of year foundation year project and a top down shooter, I made it in a little over 3 months, this one went pretty well is and is my best solo non-jam effort. 

4. Crowd Control: This one was to be used for a charity bundle on Autism. Note to self, do not bundle multiple jams and school work. 

5. Roll Home: A group project in Unreal that I had to do for my foundation. It wasn’t managed well, also see point above. 

6. Bullet Hell Jam: I did this one as a team, but Dumbass Sam did not have a good understanding of bullet hells at the time, and was by and large not great.

7. GameDevTV: This one was pretty mediocre, but the end result was okay and I got a free course out of it. It was a marble game featuring Jim from polyDungeons, where you avoided other enemies and collected Wilbo Boxes (?), pretty basics. 

8. Chill Jam: A game where you controlled a cubical crab around a small island. This did better than I expected, not least because of the unexpected praise of the crab. 

9. Regenerate Jam 2023: Bee Explorer, the game I made in a team for this jam, was also pretty ok. 

10. polyAreo: This is more of a guilty conscience choice (I only realised some of the flaws of the game until later), but it was my first Frutiger Aero game. 

11: GMTK Jam: Oh boy, the shit FPS game I made, burn it with fire!

12: Tank Hell. A 2 week self jam project. This one did pretty well, and I was happy with the outcome for this one. 

13: polyIsland: A project for uni in a small engine. Pretty basic and lacking but it served its purpose (somewhat). 

14: Witch Punch: This one didn’t turn out as expected, although it was ok in the end. 

15: lostBeach: My first attempt at a Twine game was pretty decent, although it was definitely GCSE levels of English Language. 

16: polyAreo: Water Wars: A week long spiritual successor to polyAreo. It did slightly worse than I was expecting but that’s fine, I’m still learning.

Comments

Popular Posts